No one hurt in Hampton house fire

HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) – An empty home caught fire on the second floor in Hampton Friday around noon.

Firefighters saw smoke coming from the roof of a residence in the 100 block of East Cummings Avenue. It was in a wall on the second floor, and crews contained it quickly, according to a release.

The call came in around 12:30 p.m. Nov. 28. No injuries were reported.

Hampton Fire Marshal’s office found an electrical wire that arced, causing the fire. The fire was ruled accidental.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s