Unattended cooking leads to house fire, 1 in hospital

HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) – Someone was transported to the hospital Wednesday afternoon after unattended cooking turned into a house fire.

Firefighters responded to the 1300 block of Bethel Avenue around 3:45 p.m. Nov. 26, according to officials. Crew members saw smoke at the front door and helped someone with possible smoke inhalation take someone the hospital.

The flames were put out in the kitchen quickly, and the fire was confined to that room and didn’t go into the attic.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s