Cooking appliance sparks fire at JCC McDonald’s

Courtesy James City County

JAMES CITY COUNTY (WAVY) — Fire officials say a malfunctioning cooking appliance sparked a small fire at a James City County McDonald’s, Wednesday morning.

The fire started at the McDonald’s located at 4521 John Tyler Hwy., around 6:37 a.m. The fire was contained by the restaurant’s automatic fire suppression system until firefighters fully extinguished the flames at 6:46 a.m.

Firefighters say the there was only minor smoke damage to the building and there were no reported injuries.

James City County Fire officials have requested that the Health Department respond prior to reopening the business.

Comments are closed.