No one hurt in Suffolk house fire

The scene of the house fire in Suffolk Sunday afternoon. The flames started from a baseboard heater that had short-circuited and lit a living room wall on fire. (Photo credit: Suffolk Fire & Rescue)

SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) – No one was hurt in a Suffolk fire that displaced two Sunday afternoon.

The flames started around 12:45 p.m. and firefighters reached the house in the 2800 block of North Shore Drive a couple of minutes later.

Once investigated, officials found a baseboard heater had shorted out and set the living room wall on fire. The blaze was contained to that room.

An adult and child were occupying it at the time. No injuries were reported.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s