Malfunctioning drink cooler sparks fire at Norfolk business

(WAVY/Lavoy Harrell)

NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Firefighters say a malfunctioning drink cooler is to blame for a fire in Norfolk, Thursday morning.

Norfolk Fire- Rescue was dispatched for a fire at Pueblo Amigo, located along the 1300 block of East Little Creek Road, shortly before 7 a.m.

Firefighters located the main body of the fire near a commercial beverage cooler and extinguished the fire. Officials say the store sustained fire and smoke damage.

Other businesses were affected by smoke, so firefighters are keeping an eye on the air quality.

There were no reported injuries.

Comments are closed.