PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) – The one and only Chef Bob Hirasawa from Farm Fresh is making rib eye steaks with creme mushroom balsamic reduction.
Locations Across Hampton Roads
Find the one closest to you at –> FarmFreshSuperMarkets.com
This segment of The Hampton Roads Show is sponsored by Farm Fresh.
Ribeye Steaks with Crème Mushroom Balsamic Reduction
Serves 4 Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking Time 15 minutes
Wild Harvest Rib Eye Steaks 4 each
Farm Fresh Grill Seasoning 2 Tbsp
Canola oil 3 Tbsp
Butter 2 Tbsp
Chopped Garlic 2 Tbsp
Chopped Shallots 2 Tbsp
Sliced Wild Mushrooms 2 Pkgs
Port Wine ¼ Cup
Balsamic Vinegar ½ Cup
Brown Sugar 1 Tbsp
Plain Greek Yogurt ¼ Cup
Butter 3 Tbsp
- Blot dry steaks with a paper towel, press the Farm Fresh Grill Seasoning on to the steaks coating both sides.
- Heat pan the add the Canola Oil and Butter, once hot but not smoking sear the steaks on medium high, cooking them to your desired doneness, once done remove from pan and allow to rest for a few minutes.
- In pan, reduce the heat to medium then add the garlic and shallots, sauté for one minute then add the mushrooms cook for one more minute, then deglaze with Port Wine.
- Then add balsamic vinegar and brown sugar, cook for a couple of minutes, once the vinegar starts to thicken, whisk in the Greek Yogurt and butter.
- Serve the sauce over the steaks, and with your favorite side dishes.
Serve with: Pesto Mashed Parsnips with Greek Yogurt.
Serve with: Kale and Spinach Saute with Country Ham.