PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) — It’s Election Day and residents across Hampton Roads have begun to cast their ballots at the polls.
Virginia voters are going to the polls to decide races for U.S. Senate and the state’s 11 congressional seats. In the Senate race, Democratic incumbent Mark Warner faces a challenge from Republican Ed Gillespie. Republican Barbara Comstock and Democrat John Foust are battling to succeed retiring Rep. Frank Wolf in a hotly contested race in northern Virginia’s 10th District. Republican Dave Brat, who upset House Majority Leader Eric Cantor in the June primary, faces Democrat Jack Trammell in central Virginia’s 7th District.
Voters also will decide on a state constitutional amendment that would allow local governments to provide a real estate tax exemption to surviving spouses of military members killed in action.
Polls opened at 6 a.m. and will remain open until until 7 p.m. today.
Important Links for the Hampton Roads Region:
Statewide: United States Senate
U.S. House of Representatives – 1st District
U.S. House of Representatives – 2nd District
U.S. House of Representatives – 4th District
Statewide Referendum: Proposition Tax Exemption for Military Families
LOCAL CONTESTED RACES
- Obligation Bond Incur Debt for New Library
- Urbanna Mayor
- Urbanna Member Town Council
- Elected school board? Yes or No
- City Council
- School Board
- School Board Special Election
- City Council – Cypress Borough
- City Council – Holy Neck Borough
- City Council – Suffolk Borough
- School Board – Chuckatuck Borough
- School Board – Suffolk Borough
- School Board Special – Sleepy Hole Borough
- City Council At Large
- City Council – Princess Anne District
- City Council – Rose Hall District
- School Board At Large
- School Board – Bayside District
- School Board – Beach District
- School Board – Lynnhaven District
- School Board – Princess Anne District
Stay with WAVY TV 10 for election coverage on air and online.