SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — A Suffolk family has been displaced after an apartment fire Tuesday afternoon.
Around 3:45 p.m., emergency communications got a 911 call about a structure fire in the 2500 block of E. Washington Street, at the Wilson Pines Apartments, according to Tim Kelley with Suffolk police.
Suffolk Fire & Rescue units were at the scene about five minutes later and controlled the fire by 4:20 p.m. No one was injured.
Kelley said the fire was ruled accidental. It was confined to one apartment and started in a kitchen, but then extended to the attic area. The resulting damage has displaced a family of three, which is being assisted by the American Red Cross.