Couple rushed to hospital after carbon monoxide scare

(WAVY/Lavoy Harrell)

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — An elderly couple was taken to the hospital after they left their car running in the garage.

Virginia Beach Police Battalion Chief Amy Valdez said they received a call for a stroke victim on Whispering Oaks Place, early Thursday morning.

When rescue crews arrived, they discovered a car running in the garage. Police said the couple had forgotten to turn off their car the night before.

The couple was transported to a nearby hospital. Their condition is unknown at this time.

Officials evacuated nearby homes as a precaution. Firefighters stayed on the scene until the CO levels returned to normal. All residents were cleared.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s