Kitchen fire forces four people out of home

HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) – An accidental kitchen fire displaced four people Tuesday night.

Hampton fire units responded to the first block of Sharpley Avenue at 11:45 p.m. to find smoke coming from the home. The residents were not inside when firefighters arrived, according to authorities.

A fire alarm woke the people inside, and the investigation attributed the fire to accidental unattended cooking. The kitchen suffered extensive fire damage and smoke damage spread throughout the house, according to Assistant Chief Jeffrey Pereira.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s