Dryer starts Hampton house fire

HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — Hampton Fire Marshal investigators said a Friday morning house fire originated in a laundry room.

Around 7:20 a.m., fire crews responded to the first block of Lake Ovide Court for a report of a house fire, according to Assistant Chief Jeffrey Pereira with the Hampton Division of Fire and Rescue.

At the scene, firefighters observed heavy smoke coming from the home and learned all the residents had escaped without injury.

Saunders said the fire started in a dryer. It was deemed accidental in nature. The laundry room received some smoke and fire damage.

No further information has been released.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s