VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Fire investigators have confirmed it was in fact lightning that sparked a fire at a Virginia Beach home Thursday afternoon.
Battalion Chief Amy Valdez said dispatchers received a call from a resident in the 2400 block of Pitchfork Way who said he believed his home had been struck by lightning. Units were dispatched at 3:21 p.m.
At the scene, Engine 21 said flames were coming from the attic and roof area of the house.
Valdez said all occupants were out of the house at the time fire crews arrived at the scene. No injuries were reported.