1 displaced after duplex fire in Chesapeake

CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — One person has been displaced after a fire sparked in the kitchen of a duplex in Chesapeake, Thursday.

Chesapeake Fire crews responded to the building on the 2000 block of Plow Lane, at around 7:23 a.m.

Heavy smoke could be seen coming from the residence. Firefighters were able to contain the fire and no one was injured, said Chesapeake Fire Capt. Scott Saunders.

There was moderate damage to the home.

The Red Cross has contacted the victim and will be providing him with assistance.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s