CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — One person has been displaced after a fire sparked in the kitchen of a duplex in Chesapeake, Thursday.
Chesapeake Fire crews responded to the building on the 2000 block of Plow Lane, at around 7:23 a.m.
Heavy smoke could be seen coming from the residence. Firefighters were able to contain the fire and no one was injured, said Chesapeake Fire Capt. Scott Saunders.
There was moderate damage to the home.
The Red Cross has contacted the victim and will be providing him with assistance.