PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) – Chef Bob Hirasawa, from Farm Fresh, makes wild sockeye salmon with citrus glaze and grilled corn and bean salad in The Hampton Roads Show kitchen.
Also, joining us Thursday, was Kelly Bracilano, Wine & Beer Consultant from Farm Fresh, to tell us about some great wine and beer pairings.
Locations Across Hampton Roads
Find the one closest to you:
Maple Dijon Bacon Wrapped Salmon
Serves: 4 Prep Time: 15 minutes Cooking: 15 minutes
Skinned Salmon Fillets (6 oz.) 4 each
Olive Oil 1 Tbsp
Kosher Salt ¼ tsp
Fresh Ground Black Pepper ¼ tsp
Lemon Zest 2 Tbsp
Dijon Mustard 4 Tbsp
Maple Syrup 4 Tbsp
Bacon Slices 8 each
- Coat each piece of Salmon with Olive Oil and sprinkle with Salt and Pepper.
- Meanwhile combine Lemon Zest, Dijon Mustard and Maple Syrup.
- Spread half of Mustard-Maple sauce over Salmon fillets.
- Wrap each Salmon fillet with 2 pieces of bacon, secure bacon with wood skewer or toothpick.
- Grill or pan- sear each fillet for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Once the bacon on each Salmon fillet is browned or crisp.
- Remove from heat and smear remaining Dijon – Maple sauce over top of Salmon.
- Serve over salad lettuces or with your favorite sides.