Norfolk residents evacuated because of gas leak

Courtesy Norfolk Fire and Rescue
Courtesy Norfolk Fire and Rescue

NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — A few residents at a Norfolk apartment complex were evacuated Monday night while crews fixed a gas leak.

Norfolk Fire Department PIO Julian Williamson said a call about a leak at a gas meter in the 7800 block of Doris Drive came in around 7:45 p.m. Virginia Natural Gas crews responded and made repairs.

Until the repairs were complete, residents in two apartments were evacuated as a precaution.

No one was injured or became ill, Williamson said.

No further information has been released. Stay with for updates.

blog comments powered by Disqus