CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) – A business in the South Norfolk section of Chesapeake caught fire Sunday afternoon.
According to Captain Scott Saunders with the Chesapeake Fire Department, crews were dispatched to a fire at TFC Recycling in the 1900 block of Diamond Hill Road.
Firefighters arrived on scene within five minutes of receiving the call and found heavy smoke coming from a one-story warehouse.
The fire was under control shortly after 2:30 p.m. Sunday.
The fire appears to have started when sparks from a grinding operation contacted bales of recyclable paper products. The bulk of the fire was contained to these bales, but the warehouse did sustain moderate heat and smoke damage.
There were no injuries as a result of the fire.