FD: Electrical wiring causes house fire

CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — A house fire in the Crestwood area of Chesapeake displaced six adults Thursday night.

Fire crews were called to the 700 block of River Creek Road around 5:20 p.m., according to Captain Scott Saunders with the Chesapeake Fire Department. At the scene, they found heavy smoke coming from a one-story home.

Firefighters controlled the flames by 5:45 p.m. No one was injured.

Saunders said the fire appears to have started because of shorted electrical wiring. It caused smoke and fire damage to the home, displacing the residents.

The American Red Cross is assisting the displaced residents.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s