NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) – Part of Tidewater Drive in Norfolk will be closed starting next week through the Labor Day weekend.
Starting Tuesday, Aug. 19, Tidewater Drive will be closed from Central Business Park Drive to East Little Creek Road, except for shopping center traffic. Crews are closing that section of the road so they can replace the new south side portion of an underpass.
Traffic information (provided by the City of Norfolk):
- The Tidewater Drive underpass (which runs underneath E. Little Creek Road) will remain closed.
- On E. Little Creek Road, crews will maintain at least one lane in each direction at the underpass.
- Northbound Tidewater Drive traffic heading to the shopping centers can continue north on Tidewater Drive unimpeded to/from shopping center entrances/exits.
Northbound Traffic heading to E. Little Creek Road and areas north will be detoured:
• Right at Central Business Park Drive;
• Left onto Denison Avenue;
• Left onto Sewell’s Point Road;
• Arrive at E. Little Creek Road.
Off-duty Police officers will assist with traffic direction at the Central Business Park Drive and Denison Avenue intersection and the Denison Avenue and Sewell’s Point Road intersection.
Southbound Tidewater Drive traffic heading from E. Little Creek Road will be detoured:
• Straight at Little Creek and Tidewater Drive;
• Right at Sewell’s Point Road;
• Right at Denison Avenue;
• Arrive at Tidewater Drive.
Motorists may also use Chesapeake Boulevard and Granby Street as alternate routes.