SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) – A Suffolk Department of Motor Vehicles was briefly evacuated Thursday morning due to a gas odor.
Diana Klink with the City of Suffolk said crews were called to the DMV located in the 200 block of Holladay Street around 10:20 a.m.
Firefighters detected a “very slight” odor of gas and secured the gas to the building, Klink said. The building was evacuated and ventilated as a precaution.
Officials determined there would be no impact to services, and the DMV reopened.
A Virginia Natural Gas crew was also called to the scene.