Portsmouth, Va. (WAVY) – Dr. Rick Knabb, Director of the National Hurricane Center, joined us on The Hampton Roads Show Tuesday with the five things you need to know to be prepared and keep your family safe this hurricane season.
Five Steps for Hurricane Safety:
- Step #1: Don’t overlook the threat of flooding: Hurricanes bring wind, debris, and water
- Step #2: Understand evacuation: Now is the time to know your zone
- Step #3: Avoid the rush: Prepare your family today
- Step #4: Strengthen the family shelter: Protect your home from hurricane flood damage
- Step #5: Provide financial security: Purchase flood insurance