FD: Apartment fire caused by pot of oil on the stove

17 displaced following fire in Virginia Beach

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) – An apartment fire in Virginia Beach Sunday morning left four apartments damaged and 17 people without a place to stay.

Fire crews responded to the 700 block of Emerald Lake Drive just before 8 a.m. to find fire coming through the roof of an apartment building.

According to a Battalion Chief Jack Crandle with the Virginia Beach Fire Department, four apartments were affected by the fire but all the people who live in them were able to get out without serious injury. Crandle said one person suffered a minor burn but did not need to be taken to the hospital.

13 adults and four children were displaced with four people needing assistance from the Red Cross, according to Crandle.

Monday, Amy Valdez with the Virginia Beach Fire Department said the fire was unintentional, and caused by a pot of oil on the stove.

 

blog comments powered by Disqus