CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) – A residential house fire broke out around 6:30 p.m. Saturday evening in Chesapeake.
Captain Scott Saunders with the Chesapeake Fire Department confirmed that a home in the 3100 block of Sir Kay Court caught fire.
Crews were able to get the fire under control within 20 minutes of dispatch receiving the call.
Three dogs and a cat died as a result of the fire.
There were no injuries, but the family of seven that occupied the home has been displaced and will be assisted by The American Red Cross.
The cause of the fire appears to have been an electrical short in an exterior outlet located at the rear of the home.