Family of four safe after Chesapeake fire

CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) – A family of four is safe after a house fire Monday morning in Chesapeake.

Raw Video: Fire sparks at Chesapeake home

Captain Scott Saunders with the Chesapeake Fire Department said firefighters were dispatched around 7:45 a.m. The fire sparked at a two-story house located in the 1000 block of Fairway Court, and Saunders said smoke and flames were coming from the home when they arrived.

Saunders told WAVY News the fire was in the home’s attic, and it was not stable for the firefighters to go up there because there is a lot of insulation. He said the flames were under control by 9:40 a.m.

A family of four made it out safely, in addition to their two dogs. No injuries were reported.

Saunders said firefighters do not yet know how the fire started.

Stay with WAVY.com for updates.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

blog comments powered by Disqus