Chesapeake house fire starts in electrical panel

House fire on Galleon Drive.
House fire on Galleon Drive.

CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) – A single-story home caught fire shortly after 10 p.m. in Chesapeake Sunday.

The fire happened in the 3900 block of Galleon Drive.

Captain Scott Saunders with the Chesapeake Fire Department told WAVY.com that crews were able to arrive on scene in less than 10 minutes and that no injuries have been reported.

Saunders said the fire started in an electrical panel.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s