NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) – The flames are out after a small fire sparked in a home’s kitchen early Tuesday in Norfolk.
Firefighters were called to a home located at 405 Clifton Street, just off Indian River Road, around 3:15 .m.
WAVY News’ Deanna LeBlanc reported on the scene that firefighters were not wearing heavy gear, and officials told her everyone was okay.
Battalion Chief Julian Williamson with Norfolk Fire and Rescue told WAVY News the fire was in the kitchen, and everyone was able to get out of the home safely.
Stay with WAVY.com for any updates.