Former troop leader facing 16 more counts of sexual abuse

Thomas Seifert, photo courtesy York-Poquoson Sheriff's Office.
Thomas Seifert, photo courtesy York-Poquoson Sheriff's Office.

YORK COUNTY, Va. (WAVY) – A former Yorktown Boy Scouts troop leader is facing 16 additional counts of sexual abuse involving a third victim.

56-year-old Thomas Seifert was previously charged with 10 counts of felony child sexual abuse while in a custodial role. He was also charged with four counts of indecent liberties with a child by a person in custodial or supervisory relationship.

On Wednesday, the York-Poquoson County Sheriff’s Office said Seifert was charged with an additional 16 counts of felony child sexual abuse while in a custodial role. Deputies told WAVY News’ Erin Kelly the new victim is a 15-year-old boy.

Deputies said all of the alleged incidents happened either at Seifert’s home or the Edgehill Pool, where he volunteered and managed the snack bar for the last five years. The new charges stem from incidents that allegedly happened between March 2011 and March 2013.

A spokesperson told WAVY News Seifert had been banned from participating in the Boy Scouts decades ago.

Stay with WAVY News 10 for any new details.

blog comments powered by Disqus