Lightning sparks attic fire in Va. Beach

Photo courtesy the VB Fire Dept Facebook page
Photo courtesy the VB Fire Dept Facebook page

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Firefighters responded to a residence in Virginia Beach Tuesday after lightning struck.

The incident happened just before 5 p.m. in the 1200 block of Sotheby Court. The attic caught fire, but was extinguished by around 6 p.m., according to emergency dispatchers.

Retired Master Firefighter and the current Virginia Beach Fire Department Photographer, Ray Smith, took the following photos of the scene:

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s