Dryer sparks fire at Chesapeake motel

chesapeake fire engine

CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) – No one was hurt when a dryer sparked a fire at a Chesapeake motel Saturday evening.

Captain Scott Saunders with the Chesapeake Fire Department said firefighters were called to the Budget Lodge located in the 3200 block of Western Branch Boulevard around 6:45 p.m. Crews found a dryer on fire inside a utility room on the two-story motel’s first floor.

The fire was contained to the dryer.

Saunders said the fire appears to have been caused by a mechanical malfunction.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s