HAMPTON ROADS & OUTER BANKS (WAVY) — Many local municipalities in Hampton Roads and North Carolina have rescheduled their Fourth of July fireworks shows in light of Hurricane Arthur.
10 On Your Side has compiled the list below of the current status of fireworks shows in Hampton Roads and the Outer Banks. For specific details on each event as it was originally planned, check out our Fourth of July Guide.
- Chesapeake City Park’s fireworks show is still scheduled for Thursday.
- The 34th Annual South Norfolk Parade and Picnic in the Park was cancelled.
- Fort Monroe’s fireworks show is still on. According to the Fort Monroe Authority, all July 4 events are scheduled to proceed as planned.
- The Newport News 4th of July Stars in the Sky event has been rescheduled for Saturday, July 5 from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. Fireworks are set for 9:30 p.m.
- The fireworks scheduled for downtown Norfolk and Ocean View Beach Park for Friday have been rescheduled for Saturday, July 5.
- The Suburban Acres Civic League Annual July 4th Parade and Picnic has been canceled.
- Fireworks in Portsmouth have been rescheduled for Saturday, July 5. Additionally, all parks and recreation activities have been postponed until Saturday.
- Suffolk’s Stars and Stripes Spectacular has been canceled. The fireworks will be rescheduled for a TGIF concert on Friday, July 18.
- Virginia Beach officials have rescheduled the fireworks at both the Oceanfront and Mount Trashmore from Friday night to 9:30 p.m. Saturday. All other events planned for Mount Trashmore will be moved to Saturday, and some of the events planned at the Oceanfront (Symphonicity, the Virginia Beach Chorale, fireworks) will also be moved to Saturday.
- Fireworks in Williamsburg are still scheduled as planned.
- The fireworks at Yorktown Beach went off as planned on July 4. The Battlefield will open at 4 p.m. for parking. Fireworks are scheduled for 9:15 p.m.
- The 5K race and parade were cancelled due to weather.
- The fireworks show has been rescheduled for Monday, July 7
- The fireworks show at the Avon Fishing Pier has been rescheduled to Monday, July 7 at 9 p.m.
- The 10th Annual Town of Duck Fourth of July Parade has been canceled and will not be rescheduled.
- The Thursday Concert in the Park for Thursday has been canceled.
- July 4th celebration activities are still planned for Friday evening beginning at 6 pm at the Elizabeth City Waterfront with live entertainment, food and activities for the whole family. Fireworks are scheduled to begin at approximately 9:10 pm.
- All events have been rescheduled to Sunday, July 6 at the same times.
- All events have been rescheduled to Saturday, July 5 at the same times.