Kitchen fire sparks at senior living facility

virginia beach fire department generic

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) – A kitchen fire sparked Friday at a senior living facility in Virginia Beach.

Amy Valdez with the Virginia Beach Fire Department said the fire was in the 6400 block of Auburn Drive, at a complex called The Sands.

Valdez said the fire was in a kitchen in one of the units, and was extinguished by the sprinkler system. One unit is now uninhabitable due to water damage, and the resident will need to be relocated.

Everyone was able to get out safely. Valdez said two residents were evaluated on the scene, but both refused treatment.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s