CURRITUCK COUNTY, N.C. (WAVY) – Currituck County Emergency Management will hold an active shooter drill in the county Saturday.
The event is set for 8 a.m., 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. at the Cooperative Extension facility in Maple. County officials want to make sure citizens are not alarmed by a heavy law enforcement presence.
The following agencies will be participating in the drill:
- Currituck County Emergency Management
- Currituck County Sheriff’s Office
- Currituck County Emergency Medical Services
- Currituck Communications
- Lower Currituck Volunteer Fire Department
- Moyock Volunteer Fire Department
- Crawford Township Volunteer Fire Department
- Local community emergency response teams (CERT)