Dog rescued from house fire in Norfolk dies

Photo courtesy City of Norfolk
Photo courtesy City of Norfolk

NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Investigators determined unattended cooking sparked a house fire in Norfolk Wednesday night.

Norfolk Fire-Rescue crews responded to the 2300 block of Ballentine Boulevard around 9:30 p.m. and reported smoke showing, upon arrival, according to Battalion Chief Julian Williamson. He said the home had working fire alarms.

Firefighters rescued a dog, which later died.

Everyone inside the home escaped unharmed, but the home is uninhabitable. The Red Cross is providing assistance.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s