Cooking sparks fire in Hampton

HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) – One person was hurt in a kitchen fire in Hampton Tuesday afternoon.

Assistant Chief Jeff Periera with the Hampton Fire Division said cooking sparked the fire in the 100 block of Ireland Street. One person had a slight burn on their hand and was helped by medics. They were not transported to the hospital.

The fire was contained to the kitchen, though the rest of the home has smoke damage.

Assistance from the American Red Cross was requested for three adults and family pets.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s