NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WAVY) — A woman was air transported after receiving burn and smoke inhalation injuries in a residential fire Tuesday night.
Around 5:15 p.m., Newport News fire crews were dispatched to Gaelic Court for a house fire, according to Battalion Chief Douglas Carper. Upon arrival, heavy smoke was showing from the second floor of a single-family home.
Carper said the fire was contained to an upstairs bedroom and was accidental in nature.
A Woman was transported to a local hospital with burns and smoke inhalation injuries. She was later transferred to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital via Nightingale Air Ambulance. Carper did not have an update on her condition.
There were no other injuries.
No further information has been released. Stay with WAVY.com for updates as they become available.