SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) – Several pets were killed in a house fire in Suffolk Sunday.
Diana Klink with the City of Suffolk said crews were called to the fire in the 200 block of Collins Road around 6 p.m.
Klink said flames were coming from the front and ride side of the single-story modular home when firefighters arrived.
Five people were displaced, and are being helped by family and friends. Klink said four cats, one dog and three snakes died in the fire.
A vehicle that was parked next to the home was also damaged by the fire.
No people were hurt.
Klink said the fire started in the kitchen, and was ruled accidental.