NORFOLK, VA. (WAVY) – Hampton Roads Transit will add rail, bus and ferry services during Harborfest this weekend.
HRT released the following information about added services:
- Friday, June 6 – regularly scheduled light rail service will operate until 10 p.m. when it will increases to 15-minute frequency until midnight;
- Saturday, June 7 – regularly scheduled rail service will operate until 4:30 p.m. when it increases from 15-minute to 10-minute service. Additional trains will be added as service demands;
- Dedicated shuttle buses will carry customers from the Newtown Road light rail station to MacArthur Square and then back to Newtown Road after the day’s events draw to a close, as demand requires;
- All three ferry boats will operate on the Elizabeth River, running until midnight Friday and Saturday. On Sunday, one boat will operate until midnight, the other two until 7 p.m.;
- Transit tickets will be sold at the North Landing and High Street ferry docks on Friday and Saturday starting at noon. Tickets will be sold at the Newtown Road, Military Highway and EVMC/ Fort Norfolk light rail stations on Saturday starting at 3:00 p.m. All light rail and ferry tickets will be $3/cash only. The $3 ticket will be honored on the light rail and ferry only, not on the bus, and;
- The following park and ride lots will have a security guard from June 6-8 from 6 p.m. to 12 a.m. – Newtown Road, Military Highway, Ballentine Blvd. and Harbor Park.
“This is a major event for the City of Norfolk and Hampton Roads Transit, and we will be ready to serve the public,” William Harrell, president and CEO of HRT said. “We take pride in providing a reliable, stress free trip to everyone for this annual showcase.”
The 38th Harborfest takes place June 6 through June 8 in Norfolk. Check out our Harborfest Guide for all the important details to plan your weekend.