Three displaced in Chesapeake kitchen fire

chesapeake fire engine

CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) – Items left on a hot stove sparked a fire in Chesapeake Saturday night.

Capt. Scott Saunders with the Chesapeake Fire Department said firefighters were called to the 200 block of Springbrook Lane around 7:15 p.m. for a report of a fire. On scene, they found a kitchen fire.

It took just a few minutes to get the fire under control. Fire damage was contained to the kitchen, but the rest of the home suffered smoke and water damage.

Three adults were displaced as a result of the fire.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s