PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) – Chef Troy Camacho from the Casual Gourmet at Culinary Institute of Virginia was in The Hampton Roads Show kitchen Friday, making Sweet and Tangy Almond Couscous.
The Casual Gourmet
June 3 & June 7 – Global Gourmet: Puerto Rico
June 13 – Pasta
Sweet & Tangy Almond Couscous
- 3 ½ cups Water
- 1 oz Butter
- 2 ½ cup Couscous
- ¾ cup Almonds, toasted sliced
- ½ oz Blenheim Apricot White Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ oz Pineapple White Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ oz Peach White Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- Pinch Cayenne pepper
- 1 ea Peach, peeled and diced
- ½ cup Apricots, diced
- ½ cup Pineapple, diced
Method of Preparation:
1. In a saucepan over high heat, bring the water and the butter to a boil.
2. Stir in the couscous and cover the pan. Remove the pan from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
3. Mix remaining ingredients together and finish with salt & pepper to taste.
4. Transfer the couscous to a bowl and using a fork, fluff the couscous lightly.