HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) – Court documents show the 22-year-old Hampton man wanted in the death investigation of a 3-year-old boy has posted about the case on social media.
Sgt. Jason Price with the Hampton Police Division said emergency crews received a call around 7:30 p.m. May 17 in reference to an unconscious child in the 100 block of Wells Court. The boy was rushed to the hospital by medics.
About five hours later, police were notified by hospital staff that the boy had substantial internal injuries. May 20, the boy, identified as Ka’ron Burns, was pronounced dead.
Police are looking for Larry Eugene Coney, Jr. — who lives in the 100 block of Wells Court — on charges of homicide and aggravated malicious wounding in connection to the incident.
Court documents obtained by 10 On Your Side reveal police believe Coney sent e-mail messages to his mother about his actions the day the boy was hurt. He also sent Twitter messages to the boy’s mother and posted Tweets about the case, according to the documents.
The day the boy was hurt, he had been with Coney while the mother was at work, and an autopsy indicated the child had rectangular marks on his legs, consistent with a belt or a belt buckle, the documents said. Police found a belt at Coney’s home, according to the paperwork.
10 On Your Side found a Twitter account matching the one police believe belongs to the suspect. On the day the boy died, a post read, “Lord please let our little man pull through and be with our families in this time of pain and need.”
Coney is also wanted out of York County in connection to a burglary that occurred in April.
Anyone with information on Coney’s whereabouts is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.