Firefighters rescue dogs from burning home

PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) — Firefighters rescued two dogs from a burning Portsmouth home Tuesday.

Crews responded to the 300 block of Mt. Vernon Avenue for a report of a fire at a multi-story home, according to Deputy Chief Mike Stockton with the Portsmouth Fire Department.

Photo provided by Deputy Chief of Operations Jim Hoffler, Portsmouth Fire-Rescue
Photo provided by Deputy Chief of Operations Jim Hoffler, Portsmouth Fire-Rescue

The bulk of the fire was in the basement, where it originated, but flames extended up the wall and into the first floor. There was enough damage that the residents are not able to live at the house at this time.

Stockton said no one was at the house at the time of the fire, but two dogs were rescued and resuscitated.

No one was injured.

blog comments powered by Disqus