PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY)- Our live audience was from Stop Abuse – Powered by Spectrum Puppets. They were here to tell us about the 11th Annual Fundango Festival coming to the Virginia Beach SportsPlex this weekend, an event that WAVY is proudly sponsoring. You’ll get to see the Face of Fox, Andria Lea and WAVY’s Bruce Rader at the event. It promises to be a lot of fun!
Here are some additional details regarding the event:
- Charles Barker Automotive presents Simon’s 11th Annual Fundango Festival – the # 1 Family Festival in Virginia Beach on Saturday, May 17, 2014 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Fundango Festival has a new home at the VB Sportsplex and this year’s event will feature Olympic and world-class athletes, sports clinics, entertainment, crafts workshop – something for the whole family.
- Fundango Festival is the primary fundraiser for Stop Abuse – powered by Spectrum Puppets, a Virginia Beach-based non-profit organization with the mission is to teach children essential safety lessons about protecting themselves and that their body is their own.
- Funding goes toward bringing the Emmy award-winning marionette musical, “Simon Says Just Tell” to school children kindergarten through grade 5.
- The opening of the Festival will include an Olympic lap around the field so kids are encouraged to come out early and participate in the Festival opening between 11 a.m. and noon. Box office opens at 10:30 a.m.
11th Annual Fundango Festival
Saturday – May 17
Virginia Beach SportsPlex