RICHMOND, Va. (WAVY) — VDOT crews say they have been busy this spring patching thousands of potholes.
During March and April alone, crews have repaired more than 146,000 potholes across the commonwealth.
Transportation officials say from Hampton Roads to the West Virginia border, crews and contractors have trying to keep up with the demand, but they need your help to report them.
If you see a pothole on the interstate, call VDOT to let them know. The 24-hour customer service center number is 800-367-7623 (800-FOR-ROAD). You can also report potholes using VDOT’s online form at http://www.virginiadot.org/travel/citizen.asp
To report a pothole on a city-maintained roadway, find the info from your city below:
- Chesapeake: You can report a pothole here in the City of Chesapeake. Or call 757-382-CITY.
- Hampton: If you need to report a pothole in Hampton, call the city’s Customer Call Center at 311 or 757-727-8311 between 7 a.m. and 11 p.m. 7 days a week.
- Newport News: To report a pothole in Newport News call 757-933-2311.
- Norfolk: Call the Norfolk Cares Center at 757-664-6510. Or you can “report a concern” on the front page of the website.
- Portsmouth: Report a pothole by calling the Public Works Department at 757-393-8666.
- Suffolk: Click here to report a pothole in the City of Suffolk.
- Virginia Beach: Click here to fill out the form. Or call 757-385- 1470 to report a pothole. You can also email email@example.com. Try to provide the specific address of the pothole or the two cross streets.