DARE COUNTY, N.C. (WAVY) — A North Carolina man accused in a series of break-ins last year has been served additional warrants
The Dare County Sheriff’s Office began investigating a series of breaking and entering incidents in the Frisco Community of Hatteras Island in August and September of last year. Arrests were made for one incident, including suspect Steven Anthony Nelson, 20, who was charged with breaking and entering of a motor vehicle and possession of a stolen vehicle.
As the investigation continued, grand jury indictments were served on Nelson for additional charges while he was in custody at the Dare County Detention Center on April 22, according to Chief Deputy Steve Hoggard.
Nelsons new charges are as follows:
- Second Degree Burglary (1 count)
- Breaking and Entering of Auto (9 counts)
- Larceny after Breaking and Entering (9 counts)
- Felony Larceny (1 count)
- Obtain property by False Pretense (1 count)
- Financial Card Theft (1 count)
- Financial Card Fraud (1 count)
- Possession of Stolen Property (1 count)