HAMPTON ROADS, Va. (WAVY) – Do you have any old or expired medications you’d like to get rid of? Saturday, April 26 is National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day, sponsored by the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA).
Participating cities are giving people a chance to properly dispose of any unwanted, unused or expired prescription medicines for free, and with no questions asked. The take-back runs from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. at the following locations.
- Virginia State Police – Area 47 Station , 1557 S. Military Highway
- Chesapeake Police 2nd Precinct, 1209 20th Street
- Chesapeake Police 3rd Precinct, 949 N. George Washington Highway
- Chesapeake Sheriff’s Office, 401 Albemarle Drive
- Lobby of the Sentara CarePlex Hospital located on Coliseum Drive
James City County
- James City County Recreation Center (5301 Longhill Rd.)
- The Police Department’s North Precinct at 368 DeShazor Drive (next to Grissom Library)
- Newsome Park Elementary School at 4200 Marshall Avenue
- The Sentara Port Warwick Emergency Room at 1131 Loftis Boulevard
- Norfolk Police Department Operations Center on sidewalk in front of building, 3661 E. Virginia Beach Blvd.
- Norfolk PD 2nd Patrol Division building entrance, 2500 N. Military Highway
- 711 Crawford Street (Police Headquarters, First Floor)
- 4001 Rivershore Road, Portsmouth Fire Station # 3
- 45 Afton Parkway, Portsmouth Crime Prevention Office
- Walmart, 1200 North Main Street
- Bennett’s Creek Pharmacy, 3219 Bridge Road
- First Precinct, 2509 Princess Anne Road (Headquarters) 757-385-4377
- Second Precinct, 820 Virginia Beach Blvd., (Oceanfront) 757-385-2700
- Third Precinct, 926 Independence Blvd., (Haygood) 757-385-2703
- Fourth Precinct, 840 Kempsville Road 757-385-2800