Burn victim transported to hospital

Photo by WAVY/LaVoy Harrell.
Photo by WAVY/LaVoy Harrell.

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) – A woman was taken to a local hospital after being burned in Virginia Beach Wednesday morning.

Battalion Chief Amy Valdez with the Virginia Beach Fire Department told WAVY.com units were called to the 3400 block of Pasture Lane for a report of a residential fire. When they got there, the fire was already out.

Officials on scene told WAVY.com the woman was pulling a cooker out of a garage when it exploded. According to Valdez, the woman was using the two-burner propane cooker when something happened, possibly a flareup, where she needed to take the cooker outside.

While moving it outside, it was caught on a carpet and spilled hot oil on the victim.

She was transported to the hospital and the extent of her injuries is unknown at this time.

Stay with WAVY.com for more on this developing story.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s