FD: Space heater sparked trailer fire

Hampton Fire Department generic

HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — Hampton fire officials say an electrical space heater sparked a fire in a residential trailer Thursday morning.

Crews responded to the 2900 block of North Armistead Avenue just after 2 a.m., according to Assistant Chief Jeffrey Pereira with the Hampton Fire-Rescue Division.

When crews arrived, the resident had escaped without injuries.

The Hampton Fire Marshal’s office determined the  fire accidentally started in the living room by an electrical space heater operating too close to a sofa.

Pereira said the resident was displaced because of fire damage to the trailer.

 

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s