Smell of gas prompts pet store evacuation

chesapeake fire engine

CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) – A pet story was evacuated in Chesapeake Wednesday after a smell of gas was reported.

Deputy Fire Chief Dan Fermil with the Chesapeake Fire Department told the PetSmart store at Chesapeake Square Mall was evacuated just before 10:30 a.m.

When WAVY News crews arrived on scene just after 11 a.m., it was clear.

Further information was not immediately available. Stay with for more on this developing story.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s