FD: Smoking materials cause condo fire

WAVY/Lavoy Harrell
WAVY/Lavoy Harrell

HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — Hampton fire officials say smoking materials caused a condominium fire over the weekend.

Firefighters responded to a fire in the 100 block of Lantana Lane on Saturday around 11:39 a.m., according to Assistant Chief Jeffrey Pereira with the Hampton Fire-Rescue Division.

The fire was extinguished and no one was injured, but the exterior the building received flame and heat damage on all three floors. A residential unit on the first floor also received damage to a window and curtains.

No residents were displaced due to fire damage.

Pereira said the fire was determined to be accidental, caused by discarded smoking materials in a bed of mulch which ignited the vinyl siding.

 

blog comments powered by Disqus