FD: Paint fumes make apartment residents unwell

Mayflower apt1

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Virginia Beach fire crews were called to the Mayflower Apartments in Virginia Beach Tuesday afternoon when paint fumes made residents unwell.

Fire Marshal Terrence Tassone with the VBFD said workers were painting inside the building at 205 34th Street when residents of the building began feeling so unwell the fire department was called around 12:45 p.m.

The HazMat team responded and found the fumes were too high for humans to ingest. The floors, where the fumes were, had to be isolated, Tassone said.

No one was transported and the building was not evacuated, but the workers had to stop painting and fans were placed to bring air into the building.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s