Faulty water heater sparks fire in Norfolk

Fire in the 9600 block of Bay Street, Norfolk. (Image courtesy Google Maps)
Fire in the 9600 block of Bay Street, Norfolk. (Image courtesy Google Maps)

NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) – A faulty water heater caused a fire at an apartment in Norfolk, displacing one person. The fire started after midnight in a four-unit building on the 9600 block of Bay Street.

When the Norfolk Fire Department arrived on scene, smoke detectors were going off and smoke was coming out of the building.

Twenty-four firefighters responded. No one was hurt.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s